Google may take from 4 days to 4 weeks to crawl and index a new website. This is a considerable time and varies broadly depending on various factors. The truth is that there’s no solid answer to this. Google’s search engine results based on algorithms, which may take less or more time.
Webmasters and SEO experts mention this time frame for another reason. They want to find out where the new website or page will appear. This also helps them to analyze the competition on the search results pages against a niche or keyword.
How Google Indexes A New Website
Google uses algorithms and bots to index new websites and pages. The most important one here is the Googlebot, which is a web crawler. It searches for new websites and finds updated or newly created pages. Once found, it suggests whether a specific site or page is eligible for indexing.
You can also limit the Googlebot crawling rate of your website. Webmasters seldomly do this in case a site is having availability issues due to crawling.
How Website Indexing Works
Here’s how Googlebot indexes a new website.
- The Google crawling robot continuously explores the web and stops at sites.
- Googlebot then reads the information that the webmaster has outlined in the robots.txt file. It crawls the information (text) and uses the mentioned links to gather more information by following the sitemap.
- The bot then sends this discovered content back to Google servers.
- The sent information is added and fed to programs. These programs then keep track of your website and the number of pages. They also determine how often bots should visit your website and pages.
- In the end, your website content is evaluated based on the relevance to Google algorithms. If your new website or page meets Google criteria, it is indexed based on other SEO factors.
Can I Make Google Index Faster?
This is the question that often arises when a newbie starts working. Fortunately, there is a way to increase google crawling rate. You can signal Google that you have a new website which is full of useful content. However, you must follow SEO friendly practices while building a new website.
SEO Practices for Quick Indexing
You can reduce the indexing time and rank your site by following ways. There are also ways to quickly rank your new content. All you need to do is make the process easy for Googlebot.
You must make sure:
- Quality Content: Information that Google crawler can read easily.
- Functionality: High ratio of text to code
- Navigation: Make your website content accessible through internal linking.
- Real Language: Use SEO-friendly URLs to explain the content. (Alt texts on images)
- Easy Crawling: Ensure that the Googlebot can easily crawl and read your robots.txt file.
Summing It Up
Indexing takes time, but you can reduce its duration by following the SEO practices. You need to be patient and active at the same time while obliging Google’s guidelines for quality content. Internal linking, setting up Google Analytics, and good digital marketing can uplift your site. You can also hire professional SEO services for quick indexing.